Running for some may seem easy and simple. Feet in front of the other by swapping quickly until you reach your final destination, but there are those who feel that the burden of running frustrated and lose his enthusiasm quickly in the middle of the road and use the first taxi or bus to take him to his destination instead of completing the desired distance Running. So there are many challenges facing runners, especially beginners.
It is normal to feel a little dreadful on your first day of running, but after you practice and become almost a daily habit, you will feel very happy as you exercise. To become a habit of running, it is essential to learn some general rules and tips that will help you in your career as a beginner in the world of running.
In this article we will review some important things to take into account before starting running and the challenges of running at an advanced age and will learn about the differences between free-running and running on treadmills and how to maintain your life and personal security as well as the appropriate position of the body shape during the run, and how to avoid injuries and muscle pain and joints after the exercise.
1. Perform a thorough medical examination
A thorough examination, especially the heart, is important before you start running, to make sure you are free of any genetic or chronic diseases. Even if these diseases are found, it is possible to practice running after consulting and discussing with doctors to make sure there is no negative effect on the body.
2- Learn about the advantages of treadmill and free running
There is controversy between supporters of running treadmills and supporters of running abroad in large areas and areas dedicated to running. Each view has its merits. The treadmills have several advantages, including:
– You will not experience weather change problems such as rain, snow or extreme heat.
– You can stop at any time.
– The surface of the device is soft and equipped to absorb shocks better for the joints of the body.
– You can go to the bathroom any time you like.
– You can practice your exercise at any time of the day and even alone without company.
– You can calculate and follow the GRIC rates and improve them daily.
Free running features include:
– You are not required to participate in the gyms to practice.
– You can continue your workout even when traveling.
– Give you a practical experience of racing and marathons, where they are organized on the streets.
– Free running allows you to enjoy nature and the refreshing atmosphere in the woods or on the beach, coasts or even mountainous areas.
– Motivates you to complete the exercise, as you are committed to ending the distance or duration The treadmills are enough to get off the device to stop running.
Walking treadmills can be important as a gradual start to the free-running stage, as they may help you strengthen your muscles at first and prepare you for running in the open. For those who complain that running on treadmills does not have the same challenges as runners in freestyle running, you can simulate the difficulties of roads and streets from up and down the level by adjusting the level of treadmills, you can raise the level of inclination gradually from 1 to 5 according to your ability. Also, if your goal is to keep track of your fitness development and record it by calculating the number of calories burned, heartbeat, and improved speed and performance, of course, treadmills, are ideal.
3 – Run at the age of fifty
Some inhibitors may say running after 50 is difficult or harmful to health, but this is not the case. There are a few tips and precautions to consider before you start running:
– Discuss with your doctor .. Make sure that your general health is good so that you can exercise a violent sport such as running.
– Adjustment of your goals .. Running in the youth phase varies with age, this year of life. You can run at the age of 50 without a problem, but you have to adjust your goals in distances and speed to suit your age.
– After running, you can take a break… After each run before you start running again. It is possible to run day after day, not daily, as you used to be in your child, each depending on his ability and body energy. It does not mean that you have a rest day not to move completely, you can walk or do stretching exercises or yoga or even other sports such as swimming, cycling, etc.
– Keep your balance .. Do some yoga exercises, or stand on one foot (alternately) for 30 seconds.
– Increase the strength of your body .. Human loses part of the muscle mass over time, so it is necessary to maintain the strength and cohesion of your muscles by doing some exercises such as pressure and mind, and squat, which are exercises to help you run well.
– Keep your body flexible .. Keep your body flexible well, it is possible after running that you get some joint pain, back and muscles, so you have to resort to workout exercises to stretch muscles regularly in the morning or exercise yoga, this must help you a lot. A good pre-work-up warm-up also reduces post-running trouble and pain.
– Prevent injuries .. Keep what we have said tips, and if you notice any injury, you should consult a doctor early, and do not neglect your injuries so as not to worsen.
– Be patient .. If you have an injury, you have to be patient until you recover completely, listen to the recommendations of doctors and do not rush running.
4 – Commit to a good warm-up before running
The warm-up process helps to expand the blood vessels and helps stimulate and stretch the muscles to ensure that oxygen reaches them in sufficient quantity before starting running. The warm-up also helps to increase body temperature, which increases the efficiency and performance of the body during running, as well as raise the heartbeat slightly in preparation for the violent effort that will be made during the run. The warm-up process takes 5 minutes of aerobic exercise. You can start running lightly and don’t rush to run once.
5 – Take the optimal sports situation
This helps you run faster, more efficiently, more comfortably and with less stress. In order to reduce the chances of injury during running you can follow these instructions:
– Look forward while running .. Do not look at your feet, so for your safety and take the best position to breathe.
– Go down on the middle of your foot during the run .. Falling on the instep tired leg muscles (especially calf muscle), and landing on the heel puts severe pressure on the heel joint, both of which may runner exhaustion and loss of energy quickly. It is best to land in the middle of the foot and then give the body a boost through the forefoot.
– Make your feet upright in the direction of your movement .. Changing the curve and angle of the foot in or out during running may occur injury to your feet. If you’re not used to it, you can slowly train yourself to do so.
– Make your hands at the level of your waist .. The normal position of the arms to be the angle of the elbow 90 degrees. Beginners tend to bend their arms to the chest, especially when they are tired, and this, unfortunately, makes them more and more fatigue and cause pressure on the muscles of the shoulder and neck.
– Relax the palm of your hands .. When you give your arms and hands some relax as much as possible. You can imagine that in both your palms you carry a raw egg and that you don’t want to break it so you can imagine how to stretch your hands and reduce stress while running.
– Test the position of your body .. You have to make your back straight, erect tall, and your shoulders in a normal position below the level of your ears, and pelvic bones in a neutral position. You should also test your body periodically while running, especially at the end when you are tired, for fear of injury to your neck, shoulder or lower back. When you feel that your back has been humping a bit, remind yourself to pull your back slightly.
– Rest your shoulders .. Giving shoulders relaxation and forward guidance makes your back straight and makes you avoid convex during running and facilitates breathing. But don’t let your shoulders bend too much forward.This will make your chest tight and your breathing more difficult.
– Move your arm from the shoulder joint .. The arm should swing from the back to the front of the shoulder joint, not from your elbow/elbow joint. In other words, imagine that your arm is like a pendulum and that it swings back and forth from the shoulder joint, making your elbow back behind your body and then back to you in a reciprocal form of left and right while running. Your hands are always at the level of the hip joint grazing around.
– Avoid jumping during running .. Ease the impact of your step on the ground and focused more on the rapid push more than hit the ground with your feet strongly. Movement from top to bottom and vice versa, both dissipate your body energy and are especially difficult for your lower half. Take shorter, leaner steps like walking on hot charcoal and afraid to burn your feet. The more you lift your body off the ground, the more shock your body will fall to the ground, making your feet feel more shocked to land and become more tired.
– Make your arms close to your sides .. And avoid swinging arms. The more your arms swing in front of your chest, the more convex your back will make your breathing harder. Shortness and shallowness make you more susceptible to muscle strain in the abdomen and forehead. Imagine a line that divides your body vertically in half, and don’t let one of your arms across the other side of that line.
6. Calm the body after exercise
It is a process we take to move the body from violent running to sleep, to avoid muscle strain and muscle and joint pain, as well as to gradually slow the heart palpitations and deliver oxygen to all the muscles that have suffered during the run. This process takes 5-10 minutes, and then you start drinking enough water or proper sports drinks.
In order to do a good calming, you should avoid bouncing in the meantime. Do not stretch your muscles to the point that makes you feel pain (the goal of calming is to relax the muscles), make sure to stretch and tighten the muscles on both sides of the body, breathe slowly and deep during the extension and do not keep yourself (this extension is an aerobic exercise Important for post-running).
7 – organize your breathing during running
– Self-regulation during the running of the important things .. You may not be used to taking a deep breath and maybe a victim of some theories wrong about breathing. You may have heard that runners take their breath out of the nose and take it out orally. This may be true in some sports, such as yoga and some sports, but it is not, of course, the best way to go through a violent sport like running.
During running, the best way to inhale is to breathe through your nose and mouth together. The body needs enough oxygen to supply your muscles with what you need to burn and produce energy. Although nasal breathing is healthier in normal situations, it helps to purify and warm the air entering your lungs, but the nose alone will not provide you with enough oxygen.
As for the exhalation part, it is best to take it out of the mouth as is common, but try to focus on the output of the entire breadth, and not only in a way shallow breathing, this will help your body to get rid of carbon dioxide in an effective and fast.
– Adjust the position of your body to help you breathe properly .. (As mentioned above), it is important to adopt the pattern and style of breathing through the abdominal muscles, with deep breath you have to push your abdominal muscles out (and not only extend your chest only) so that the diaphragm stretch comfortably to accommodate the greatest amount of air.
It is not bad that the duration of your inspiration is two to three steps running, as well as your exhalation, there is no harm that the equal duration. There is research saying that two steps for a brother and a similar exhalation are sufficient (2/2) or (3/2), depending on your ability to organize yourself and make it more efficient.
– For beginners, you have to work out exercises to regulate breathing .. The best of these exercises that you have the ability to say the whole sentence in a clear and sound without gasping, and is called a test “keep up with the conversational self”, if you feel that you are panting and can not organize yourself you can slow down your speed or shift from Run for a few moments and then resume running again. The process of self-regulation often takes a short time and your body gets used to it, so don’t worry too much about it.
8 – Keep your personal safety during exercise
– Use your common sense .. To make sure some important things such as holding your shoelaces athletic well, which ways will behave and the extent of safety in them, will you run with a person or a group you know and trust.
Checking your personal safety is not just before running, but also during running. You should make sure that you are running away from the street in the designated areas on the sidewalk. If you do not have to run down the street, it is best to run against cars (so that you are facing cars) For its leaders, they can see you.) You should observe any excavation or cracking in the streets, sinks to avoid them, and also test your tracks, side roads, and intersections.
– Make sure you are visible .. especially for motorists. Promise yourself to wear light-colored clothes. If you are running in a foggy atmosphere, early in the morning or at night, make sure you wear reflective clothing that gives a light reflection to alert drivers if they are highlighted.
– Reduce your mental distraction while running .. It is difficult for some to run without listening to music, but the best fact is running without the use of earphones (iPod, MP3), because these things lose you an important sense of your senses of hearing, you may not be able to listen You may not be able to protect yourself from stray dogs that may run behind you while running, or any other danger or threat. Earphones can be used when you are walking on a treadmill in the gym or in your home, so you will never be exposed to the kind of risk you face on the street.
– Do not run alone at night… No matter how satisfied you, better to conduct at night with a group or with a friend.
– Stay with you means of identification .. You can keep your driver’s license, or your health care in your pocket or write your ID number on your shoes in case of emergency. This may be the quickest and easiest way to get to know you and thus provide better and faster medical service. You can wear your identification bracelet and a number that others can call in an emergency.
– Do not assume the attention of motorists .. Remember that many drivers may not be attentive to their preoccupation with listening to the radio or talked on their mobile phones, or may follow the road maps while walking. So do not rely on their attention to your personal safety, so be aware of the cars and try to focus in the eyes of the driver during the intersections to avoid any error or accident as much as possible. And don’t forget that the best is to run in the designated places.
9 – Pay attention to the runners next to you and the cyclists
– Better to have some money .. You may need some money for emergencies, such as a storm or heavy rain requires you to take a taxi and return to the drawers, or you may even need to drink water or drink a drink or food after running. Don’t rely on credit cards.
– Believe your intuition .. If you feel uncomfortable for a place or to run with someone, change your direction directly to another destination.
10 – Try to respect and maintain the rules and ethics of running
Maintaining your running rules is important to ensure that others are not harassed while you exercise, so as not to irritate those around you or the residents of your area. These include:
– Do not acquire all the way.
– Keep the right lane of the road unless you want to skip one.
– Bind your personal lane as much as possible and do not move between lanes.
– No bushing occurs during your grip, such as key bushing or silver coins in your pocket.
– Make sure you can hear others well and don’t put headphones on your ear.
– Do not stop suddenly during the run Vsdtkm behind you.
– Look at both directions on the road before moving from lane to lane or before crossing a street or intersection.
– Set aside if you are calling or want to rest before resuming your run.
– Do not dump waste like bottles of water on the road, nor do you pour water into the ground while you are running. The exception to this is running in marathons or races, this is normal and there are those who clean the road behind you.
Running is going to give your days more life. Running is a time when you are free to let your mind get rid of the tangles and stresses of life, so you can return to your life in a quieter, more effective spirit. Some also describe it as a way to search for your inner peace, and to dispel your fears and anxiety.